Mr. Aggie and I are about to go to dinner (since how many more times will we get that chance without drama?) but I had to share this while it was still fresh in my memory.
We just finished assembling the bouncer (a fine piece of Fisher-Price engineering held together by four screws and a prayer) and I was reviewing the more asinine points of the instruction manual. I read aloud my favorite ones to him:
Hint: The square end of the toy bar fits into the square socket and the circular end of the toy bar fits into the circular socket.
And the safety warnings:
Never use on a soft surface (bed, sofa, cushion).
Never use as a carrier or lift while child is seated.
Never use as a car seat.
Here’s where it gets interesting:
Me: Dispose of batteries safely. Do not dispose of this product in a fire. The batteries inside may explode or leak. Who the hell would do that?
Him: “I did that with batteries once. They exploded. Just AA’s though. Never tried it with D’s. We were camping. It was sweet.”
My next thought: If that’s what he did, what will Lenny do?